
When I called home today,my mom told me that my sister is taking up GATE coaching and is busy with her classes.
My sister Mini..
Yes!That's how we call her at home.It was me who named her.I was studying at Raipur with my grand parents when my sister was born.
We admire many persons in our life.As I ponder now,I am surprised to discover that admiration and appreciation begins at such a tender age.I wanted my sister to be Mini just because I liked a girl in my class and she was my sweet friend.I had always dreamt that I would have a sister and call her Mini.
I feel overwhelmed when I think of my little sister.She is always a little sister to me.She gave her intermediate exams when I was married.Now she is already in her third year of engineering and is planning for Mtech.She is a smart,intelligent girl who always topped her class ever since her kindergarten.She has never missed her first rank till her 10th grade.She topped her school records in 10th and barely missed BITS in intermediate.
I am proud when I think how talented she is.She has acted in a film while she was in her second grade and had given dubbing to various advertisements while in Chennai.Ok..Ok I understand that I am not going to have a biography of my sister here...
But isn't it wonderful to share everything with an other person including our parents...
I secretly wish I have two baby girls to share the same relationship of my sister and I.
As I write about her,I am reminded of a particular incident that makes me laugh . This happened when She was in her second grade and I was in my seventh.
One fine day,(err..not fine)I was very upset that I had lost a hero pen(That's what we called ) of my dad's.I had taken the pen to school in the morning and somebody stole it in the class.I was too scared to reveal that to my parents.
Now my sister enters the room and looks at me.I was sitting in the balcony with a book in my hand and quite disturbed with the incident.
Mini...I have to tell you a secret..
What's that? She asks.
It's a secret..Promise me you won't tell anyone.
But akka..
what?
Actually..I too want to tell you something..
Oh...
And It's a secret...
Ok.. *this is good...she won't blackmail me anymore* I think
But you tell me first...what's your secret..
You first...
It's you who wanted to say first..So go ahead.
I told you she is smart... that too for a second grader
Hmmm...Here's my secret. I lost nanna's hero pen
oh...
Ok..don't tell this to amma,nanna..I ''ll tell them later ok? Now...tell me your secret
Actually...I have to show you something akka.
(btw Did I mention that I feel too good when she calls me akka..)
Saying this she grabs her school bag ,takes her English book and shows me a piece of paper from inside the book...
What's that ?
Akka..you remember Naveen...
hmmm...so what?
He gave me this letter...
It says
-------------------------------
"I love you.You are byutyful"
-----------------------------
I was utturly bitterly shocked to see that.
And my sister continues..
But akka...I hate him..he always fails in the tests and he is not clean..I told him that I don't love him.Please don't say this to amma,nanna.*blank*
:-))


4 comments:
:) That was cute :). I simply don't have another word for it :).
Thanks Deepthi.
And many thanks to you for dropping at my page often.I guess you are the only vistor of my page.:)
Hey, don't mention it. I usually check out the blogs of people who comment on mine and if I can relate to it, you are on my list of regularly read blogs :).
BTW if you do want visitors, then you can mail family and friends. You never know some of them might actually create their own blogs and become regulars. My and Sri's families all know about my blog. Sri not only reads it but also advocates it to everyone in his family ;-). Then again, my blog is very public.
But if you want to keep yours anonymous, then try the next blog link. If you like some blog, you can comment on it and they might visit your blog and comment on the same.
I basically love to read your blog because its as if you have taken the words out of my mouth most of the time!! Not in this post though, I have a younger brother not sister :)).
I understand that all you folks read your blog.That's really a nice thing.That way your folks get to know your kind of living far away from them.
But When I think of letting my people know about this,I fear I will not be able to express my feelings as it might bother them.I wish I worry less and let them know.
Yeah..you are right.Though I love to read what people write,I hardly comment which I should try doing.
Tc.
Post a Comment