Thursday, September 22, 2005

inside

Evening -10:30 pm

I am in the kitchen grinding the batter for dosa as the breakfast for the nextday.I prepare the batter add salt to it.I store it in vessel and close it.


I hear phone ringing... .and K calls me to attend to it.I wash my hands in hurry and ask my dear hubby to keep the vessel inside.


It's my friend from California.She is planning for India trip and pleads me to join her in the trip.I tell her that I will think about it and let her know.We chat for another half an hour and hang up.

When I ask K about India trip he tells me go ahead.But I tell him how worried I am about him not able to cook when I leave to India alone.He tells me that he knows to cook very well and explains how he cooked while he had been a bachelor.But I remind him about the incidents when he forgot to turn off the cooker ,overfried the potato,and the way sambhar tasted bitter once.

He argues that they were small mistakes and he can manage very well with cooking.

So we go to sleep later....me feeling convinced that K will be able to manage with food while I am gone.


Morning-7:00 am

I wake up and prepare ginger chutney for Dosa .I open the oven door to take out the dosa batter to prepare dosas.

To my surprise I don't find the dosa batter there.My eyes roll over the whole kitchen to find the vessel... but in vain.I ask myself-"where did I keep it?"


I usually leave the batter inside the oven to ferment overnight.

Suddenly I recollect asking K to keep it inside.


inside! inside!

I run over to refrigerator and open the door.


I find the vessel inside the fridge mocking at me.

sigh!



1 comment:

Deeps said...

Ah men!! They say they know everything and prove otherwise now, then and again :-D