Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Suku isms.

Suku is growing big, fast really fast. Its fun to see him learn and try new things every day.

He is the first one to wake up in our house hold and that starts with big thud on the ground. Well, that sound comes from him jumping
from our king bed. His first thing is to open the door and run into his sister's room.

I love the way he gets all ready to brush his teeth and have a bath first thing in the morning. He tries to reach the bath room sink with his tip toes on the step stool.

I love the way he gulps down his cup of milk in seconds and gets ready to pull those doors of the cabinet.

I love the way he wants me to sing while I put him to nap. He says "amma paata amma paata" until he hears his favourite song. He
apparantly loves devotional songs so he insists- "jay jay paata."

I love the way he says "Picchi paata picchi paata " to the songs he does not like to listen.

I love the way he says "no" to everything.

I love the way he demands - "apple joose apple joosh"

I love the way he remembers his ice pops and takes me over to the fridge saying "aish paap aish paap'

I love the way he says "blue" to every colour asked.

I love the way he loves to play with each and every ball.

I love the way he tries to wear hair clips and rubber bands on to his hair just like his sister.

I love the way his face lifts up looking at his sister.

I love the way he hugs his sister and acts like she is the coolest one on the planet.

I love the way he demands what he wants and never obliges to what he doesn't like.

I love the way he says ' nuthin' when I ask him what he is up to.

I love the way he demands puzzles looking at the wooden ones when I take him to his sister's room and doesn't leave until he completes each one of them.

I love the way he sulks when he doesn't get what he wants. He goes to the corner of the room and makes the 'most cutest saddest'(hehe) face and fills his eyes with tears until we carry him and kiss him.

I love the way he loves to settle in his car seat as though he is the king.

I love the way he loves donuts and calls the "dona"

I love the way he stacks the blocks one upon the other and waits for my applause.

I love the way he points at every part of the body with so much enthusiasm that I am literally thinking of some complicated ones to teach him.And yes! he also knows his 'thingie' and thinks that it is very funny. No! I did not teach him that!

I love the way he barks like a dog, meows like a cat , neighs like a horse and mimicks every creature.


But wait a minute,

I also dread the way he runs in the Walmart, Target and every public place making me work out.

I dread the way he screams in the store if he doesn't get to hold the teddy bear.

I dread the way he would never want to sit in the cart or stroller.

I dread the way he spills rice, attaa,chex, and what not on the floor in the milli -second I turn away from him.

I dread the way he opens the doors and runs to open the garage door.

I dread the way he removes all the wipes from the box and cleans the house with those ones.

I dread the way he runs to bathroom and opens the tap and lets the water flow outside the tub.

I dread the way he tries to turn the stove knobs and tries to pull the vessels from the stove top.

I dread the way he comes in between me and the kitchen counter and pushes me away to stop me from cooking.

But then I dread these things when I am having a tiresome day.As I am writing down the 'dread' list I am beginning to smile.I realise that there will be a phase when Suku outgrows the toddlerhood and I will surely love these 'dread' ones.I pray and hope that I deal these bad and tiresome days with more patience and positive energy. SO for now I will let these be what they are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't reached those dreading moments as my daughter isn't walking yet, but I can see my future :D

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post to give me an insight what future holds for me :)

Sweet Nothings said...

AT,
I am sure you will enjoy those moments as well :-)

Dialoguewith you,

Welcome to my space.As I said you will love these moments :-)