Thursday, December 03, 2009

No nemonh

Soni is busy playing in the kitchen with some utensils while I was busy fixing dinner for us. Her attention falls on a slice of lemon and she starts screaming for it. After I get tired of her repeated squeals I hand her over the lemon and get busy with my work. After few seconds,Soni starts crying because she squeezed the lemon into her eyes.She threw the lemon away and comes for me asking."amma ettu"-meaning "amma please carry me." I try to explain her that this is lemon and eyes get burnt when the juice gets into the eyes.

Fast forward few weeks, I am playing with Soni in her room explaining fruit chart. There are around 30 fruits and I am trying to name everything when her attention falls particularly on one of those. Soni immediately reacts " amma amma nemon kannu"
It took me a while to understand what she meant but couldn't help smiling at her scary face covered with her little hands. So now my 20 month old toddler keeps herself away from lemon screaming "no nemon."

Latest milestone- Can say numbers from 1-10.She gets down the stairs and keeps counting one, two.thee..foor, fyy, sick, shemen, eight, nine, ten.
Is getting good at recognizing red, blue, green, orange, yelow and white though it's hit and miss sometimes.

No comments: