2011 was an uneventful one and I am glad it was.But as a mom it was a very busy year chasing behind two kids and a handsome hubby:)
January 2011- Celebrated Suku's birthday and boy!it was not so much fun. Organising, planning with two little ones was not easy and I am glad I pulled it through.We also bought our first mini van.I definitely feel like a soccer mom on it:)
March 2011- Soni's birthday went well with all the kids partying at home. She was happy with her Minnie cake and to my surprise I was feeling satisfied at my attempt.
April 2011- I heard someone say that you can never make friends in thirties.I do not agree. I met a wonderful person who happens to be Soni's friend's mom.I feel blessed to connect with such like minded people and I never want to shut my door for good friends.
May 2011- We complete eight years of marriage.We had no celebration, not even eating out.Yet, I feel conteted and blessed.
June 2011- Soni started her preschool. And knock on wood she is inseperable since then. She surprised me at the first day of her school not being shy at all. She adjusted immediately to the whole environment that she took her teachers to surprise. Though a part of mine feels sad that she never misses me I am so happy for her social nature.And I am proud that I managed to listen to my heart when I did not choose Montessori. I wanted my kid to be in safe, clean and happy environment where she can have fun rather than her excelling in academics and montessori principles.And her school totally fits for the above category.
July 2011- I started volunteering for Shlokas recital every Friday. I am proud to say that almost five kids learnt to say Hanuman Chalisa and few small shlokas with no help. Soni started to look forward for the classes and she loves to recite Chalisa.I am yet to record her recital.
September 2011- We had been to Key west and I was totally mesmerized by the beauty of Keys. It was indeed a beautiful place and I think the long drive was totally worth it.
October 2011-Been to Smokies and Atlanta. Again anything with nature amuses me and I loved the fall colours totally.Kids had been great the entire trip and we had lovely time.
November 2011- K got a major break in his career. He is into management and he has worked hard for it. Though this means lot of pressure and stress in his work side I see how happy he is.*anti jinx*
December 2011- I love this month.The season seems full of spirit. Lighting everywhere makes me feel energized and christmas everywhere makes me happy.Also we got our new Nissan (replaced our old Camry) and I realize hOW economical it is to our mini van.
There have been few times when kids fell sick with something or other and I kept falling sick right after them due to less immunity.I understand how important for a mom it is to stay healthy for family.My asthma attacks were bad and my thyroid readings were messy. I have issues with my toe nails due to vitamin deficiency. Doctor suspects I could have sleep apnea too..so there are more tests to undergo.And I have not been successful losing weight. I still have lots to lose and I feel disappointed every time I weigh. But hey..I am not giving up yet..I look forward to less- weight -me by 2013.I am going to keep trying , exercising and watching my diet and getting up every time I fail or fall.
Overall I am happy with what 2011 has brought us. I feel blessed to be here and blog about it. I pray and hope 2012 makes me feel more accomplished and brings good health and peace to one and all.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Happy 2012 :)
Glad you had a happy 2011, here's wishing you have a happier 2012 :)
Post a Comment