So G and I have been neighbours from past eight years. She has two daughters eleven and eight. She like any other person has two sides-one which is good where I get to learn some nice things and other which I would like to call a different side. Sometimes her different side is so overwhelming that I wonder if have to laugh it off and ignore or confront. So being the person that I am decide to blog it off!
During one such conversation (p.s- Her kids are three years apart)
G- It's very difficult to raisE children close apart.
Me- I know, I wonder how especially twin moms do it..hats off!
G- Its very difficuly ya know..its hard to cook, clean, spend time with them and most difficult part is to eat.
Me- Eat?
G- Yes! Its very difficult to eat..Now that my kids have turned 8 , I am able to eat properly.
Me- What..
G- See I personally know how difficult it is.There are times when I go crazy.
Me- Why?
G- Its not easy bhai..
Me- But aren't your kids three years apart?
G- Yes! Close apart right..
Me-Err
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
G- Hey please bring your mother in law for Haldi Kum Kum this week.
Me- Ok when can I bring her?
G- Any time this week.
Me- Ok..
G- Actually D1(daughter 1) has dentist appointment tomorrow on Monday so my day will be quite busy..
Me- Ok..
G- Also Tuesday we have a dance class
Me- OK..
G- D2 has swimming lessons on Thursday and Friday.
Me- so..
G- But Wednesdays are free..
Me- So you want us to come on Wednesday?!
G- yeah(insert laugh here) and please bring your mother in law for Haldi Kumkum.
Me- on Wednesday?
G- Yeah!You can bring her any time of the week you see..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
G is very particular when it cimes to raising her daughters but little did I know about this!
G- Does your husband work from home everyday?
Me- Yeah..he works from home two-three days a week.
G- It's pain na
Me- Why? Actually I love it!
For some reason I am at peace when K works from home.He has his office room upstairs completely detatched from our other rooms where he can not hear anything from outside. I have to ring him up if I need to call him for lunch.
Though his working from home has no particular advantages, I love to have lunch and tea with him.
G- you are a specimen.
Me- (thinking- I am for sure!)Why?
G- When my kids were of your kids' age I would not ask my husband to come home until 9.00 at night.
Me(confused) - why?
G- You know..if he comes home for lunch and dinner, I won't be able to give 100% for the kids na..If he is home , then I cannot concentrate on kids properly.It was better when he had his food outside and come home just for night.
Me- (picturising her poor ,gentle husband)- oh..but..
G- My kids are close apart na..
Me- Err..
Friday, October 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment