Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's day 2012

This is the first time I am blogging about mother's day.It's been four years since I have been graduated to the position of being mom.I have been blessed with two beautiful kids who cling on to me dearly. I feel content to be what I am today.

The day started with lots of hugs including from dad who pampered me with a trip to Disney and an ipad.I had a memorable time with my loved ones. Highlight is that I had a lovely dinner with amma who happened to be with us this mother's day.

Four years ago when I was blooming in my career,just when I was about to be promoted, when I planned to take maternity leave and leave my new born in the care of parents, life had it's own plans.On 19th March 2008 when I gave birth to the beautiful angel after twenty four hours of critical labour ,I could not let go of that new born in anyone's care.I could'n't get enough of that beautiful bundle. I decided to enjoy and savour every minute of my motherhood. I decided to stay home and love all I could,give all my best to be the best mom. Over time I realised that there are no secret mantras of being the perfect mom. As every job requires hard work and dedication, motherhood demands the same.I may sound biased but I realise gradually that this is the best job in the whole world.Then our life had another pleasant twist with entry of our son in 2010. With less than two years of being apart, these bundles keep me busy all day. I have moments of immense joy that would melt away my heart and also moments when I doubt I would land in therapy. But these bundles have taught me lots of lessons and I am still learning from them everyday.My day starts with their" amma " and ends with their "amma". Nothing more I could ask for.

Thank God for these beauties and just pray to Almighty that I have enough patience and health to enjoy them while they keep me on toes and teach me all about life!










No comments: